"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Friday, October 11, 2013

It's Been Awhile-Update

My life has taken a wide turn from what it use to be last year and I am looking forward to all the exciting new adventures that are awaiting me. 
In the past few months I have been able to enter several of my watercolor paintings in my local county fair as well as this painting "Three Circles of Light" which was juried into the State Fair.  This one is a mixed bag of acrylics, gouache, watercolor crayon and texture.  It was a fun piece to do and I am working towards completing the 2nd painting in this series, which will be called "Joan of Arc".
I am in the process of moving from a rather large home to something more easily managed & maintained, yet I am not sure where that place will be.  We are looking at moving from this state and heading south/east where we have friends and interesting sites to see. In the meantime, we will do some traveling and I hope to do more watercolor painting and lots of photography.  I have a new series of abstracts I have been thinking about for quite some time and with all the pressures of homeownership gone, for the time being, I can relax and enjoy exploring the various avenues of interest. 
I currently have a painting at the Michael Berry Gallery, downtown SLC if anyone happens to be exploring the art galleries during the month of October.  Stop in and view some of the best work, by the best artists in the valley. 

No comments: