"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What have I been up to?

It certainly has been awhile since I've posted to this blog.  I've been super excited to learn the ins and outs, pros and cons of painting in watercolor.  I've been trying to take this knowledge a little further and incorporate some mixed media textures, even some other water media such as gouache, air brush pigments and my all time favorite, acrylics.  I've been working on a variety of paintings in order to experience the full effects of watercolor and I've made some headway. I finished this one in time to enter it in one of the local shows.
"Angel of Grief"-11"X14"- 140# Arches watercolor paper, watercolor pigments, custom textures.
Image is from Wikipedia, CC license, image is of the statue at:  Stanford University, one of many copies of the original in Rome.

I'm still maintaining my photography blog but a little behind in posting there also.  I'll be catching up soon.  I have another photo op later today.  With live models this time! 

No comments: