"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Monday, November 22, 2010

Umbrella Bench-Reflecting on being Thankful

As I was working on the new challenge from Digital Whisper
this morning-I was thinking about something I read yesterday about taking the time to reflect on what we have to be thankful for this year, as it draws to a close.  I have a long list of things I am grateful for, but one of the biggest things I am truly Thankful for is being able to do what I love.  Work is not work when it is your passion and it keeps you happily motivated to do more.  Finding the world of digital software and all that it allows me to do, is a pleasure I enjoy mastering and thus-this challenge collage.
I overlaid a background from "fairiegoodmother" at deviantart with a photo that I took yesterday morning of the fresh fallen snow.  Added the bench that was the challenge element and threw in some whimsy, by adding the umbrellas to keep the snow off of the bench.  The moon is really not a moon, but the effect of using a gradient layer.

No comments: