"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Learning Watercolors


I have been wanting to learn watercolor painting for years but it is very frustrating to me considering I've always been an Oil and Acrylic painter.  With watercolor, control is a big issue for me and I like having control.  After gathering up a few supplies that I would need to do some experimental painting-I sat down and just played with the water to paint combinations.  I started with making some washes.  Well that was OK, but I have a long way to go with that.  Then I tried my hand at painting some bricks.  LOL!  Those ended up being the fence on the left and the red lines on the right!  It's a good thing that I'm a mixed media, altered art artist or these would have ended up in the trash!  I had fun for a few hours-I learned some valuable lessons about watercolors and how they act and I learned that I want to keep at it as time allows!  As in everything, it takes practice!

No comments: