"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Art Project for April

I have been slow getting a new project posted for this month-but I have it selected! I spent all week looking for the baby shoes I had set aside for this project and ended up going over to my local thrift store yesterday to find another pair. I found some little girl shoes that will work-but as far as baby shoes-there weren't any to be had! Walmart did have some for around $7-10-so if you can't find any at your local thrift, go to Walmart or check out Kmart!
Anyway, the project I selected to do this month is from a magazine: Simply Hand-Made~Spring 2002. I will be sharing this wonderful project in a few days-it is a perfect Mother's Day project!



Besides the pair or two of baby shoes-(I also found this adorable "Serta mattress Lamb at the thrift store for a whopping .75 cents!-my find for the day! He's so adorable!) you will need some acrylic paints of your choice and some detail type paint brushes-some flat bristled and some small round bristle brushes. That's pretty much it-but maybe you would also like to fill the shoes with some goodies before giving these to Mom! Think about what you could stuff inside these little teeny~tiny, cute shoes!

I will also be sharing another Mother's Day jewelry project over in the yahoo group (link is in the sidebar!) It is a quick and easy rope/lariat style necklace that uses only the most basic supplies, yet can be worn in numerous ways. Hope you will join us for this workshop in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Kim said...

These ARE really cute! I don't have any grandkids yet, but friends have kids and grandkids, so into the file it goes! Great project!