"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Journaling-Week2

"Zen Buddha" is a layout using just a hint of humor (Kabuki Actor balanced on the edge of the table) along with some journaling at the bottom, that I think we can all relate to. Being overwhelmed with promises you make, because you are unable to say "No" to friends and family. When I become stressed with what seems to be overwhelming pressure to get things done before the deadlines, I tend to zone out and not get anything done for days which of course tends to compact the problem, causing me to work quicker to produce more in a shorter period of time. Sound familiar? (Holidays come to mind?)
When I do this to myself-and yes we do this to ourselves-I like to visit my quiet place, my inner place of relaxation, my Zen Buddha place. Here is where I can lay back, close my eyes, level out my feelings of being rushed, find peace and harmony with myself and my thoughts. Zone out for a few minutes to gather my feelings and make plans before I jump up to get things done that should have been done yesterday. LOL!
Other's call this the 10-minute Power Nap! Whatever you call it, I hope you will practice some form of meditation daily to relieve any stress you may have in your hectic lives and if not, then perhaps journaling would help you. Designing these digital collages for use in a new calendar for next year, brings me lots of pleasure, relaxation and a feeling of accomplishment. Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments: