"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Adventure

After a little over 40 years of having a habit of smoking, I have decided to quit. 40 years is a long time to develop & ingrain this habit and it will take tremedous willpower to alter the bad habit of relaxing with a cigarette and a cup of coffee. In order to break the cycle I have devised a way to replace a bad habit with a good one. I am going on a new adventure via my art studio. I am going to finally learn how to paint with watercolors. I have decided to remove the fabric painting table from the center of my studio and set up my easel again with some good lighting, but I won't be using my favorite acrylics this time around. Watercolors have always intrigued me and with the help of a few selected books which feature some additional techniques, I am giving it a go. My first canvas will be 20" x 16" because I never paint small and the design is finished. Once I get it transferred to the canvas, I can begin. I'm very excited and I would love to share this adventure with you here on my blog by posting my progress occasionally. Off to prep a canvas.

No comments: