"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Good Start


Well, I'm almost at the end of my 2nd week of quitting a bad habit and painting is definitely helping, not only to substitute a good habit with a bad, but it gives me so much pleasure to see a painting evolve. I base coated my canvas with gesso again and after it dried, I transferred the drawing to the canvas and added the mask to the areas that will remain white. I'm waiting for the masking liquid to dry but in the meantime, I need to decide if I want wacky bold colors or soft pastels. I'm leaning for the bold, because I never do bold except in my folk art painting and since this is a learning experience, I will go bold.

No comments: