"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Moon Face Clock

Lesley is teaching a Halloween Altered Clock workshop on our yahoo group, link is above, and this is what I created. It's a small table clock that is silver plated and has a wonderful natural aged patina. After taking the clock apart, there really wasn't any surface that could be altered other the clock face. So, I used PhotoShop Elements to alter and enhance this moon face that I cropped from a vintage postcard. Darkened the colors and contrast. Printed it on photo paper and using a white gel pen, colored in the teeth and added the highlights. The hands are broken, they only hang down, but I will take this apart again and glue the hands where I want them to be for all eternity.
:-D

2 comments:

mary schweitzer said...

This is just wonderful!! You did a terrific job, you just have to smile when you see this.
Mary

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

Mary-Thanks! I wish he actually worked, but I'll just have to be content to have him sit on a shelf. He can remind me that in my studio, time does not exist. :-D