"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October's "Just Having Fun" Challenge


The rules for this challenge are pretty easy, you must use watercolors of any sort, you must use a transferred image and you must use either fabric or a fiber. You can add one found object of your choice and one other item of your choice. So, today I went to the studio to have a go at this and I must say, it was definitely a fun experience. I used tube watercolors, then highlighted some areas with watercolor pencils. For the item of my choice, I used white acrylic paint on a diamond rubber stamp, to give this some texture and interest. It will be cut up into ATC's before I add the image transfers and fibers, for a future swap! I'll be posting the finished version in a day or two!

2 comments:

rebecca christiansen said...

I truly love the colors in this piece Cindy, and you were so right about that touch of white. It makes it pop and adds stellar dimension. I am not a watercolorist either but I think it's a good challenge for some of us who are spoiled by the wonderful acrylics available. But a challenge needs to make us stretch -- you did an awesome job with this step. Can't wait to see what the final outcome is...

Inka said...

This is so brilliant, the colors are some of my favorites and the white made such a huge difference. Thanks for the instructions and I will be watching for the finished project too:)