"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Friday, February 2, 2007

Rubber Stamp Collage




This is the first step of several for the Feb. technique in the Creative Card group I belong to. (on Yahoo) Here are just two of the eight I did this afternoon, all of about 1 1/2 hours! Quick and Easy! The next step is to color it in, with various ink pad colors. Some folks use cosmetic sponges, I prefer polyfil because I like the look of blended, smooth colors. Whichever method rocks your boat, go for it! I stamped both, glossy photo paper (my favorite) and matte card stock. The photo paper is designed to dry real fast, so applying the ink takes more time. It has to be built up in layers. The more layers, the more intense and darker the colors. Of course, after the inks are applied, I will start filling in the gaps by stamping more images. I think this will make for a better visual piece. I experimented with every black ink pad I had, and Stazon is the blackest and the best for this project. The other blacks looked washed-out. Faded.

No comments: