"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Friday, May 6, 2016

Busy Day in the Studio

While vegging out at the Marriot-Springhill Suites-in Oklahoma City for the past few days, I was able to get in some great study time.  The Art of Watercolor magazine had some pretty amazing artists featured in the most recent issue.  I found several techniques to experiment with when I got back to my studio.  Mixing walnut ink with watercolor pigments was my favorite and the results were compelling me to try more pigments.  It also lead me to experiment with mixing plain watercolor pigments of darker values with my routine palette for some interesting color play.  Love the beautiful dark gray I got mixing Burnt Umber with Cobalt Blue.  

No comments: