"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Finishing Up for the Year 2013

Just a couple of months ago I began a series of watercolor field journals and I've already managed to finish 2 of them.  I filled the pages with experiments, drawings, notes from books, etc.  What a wonderful feeling to have completed a project for a change!
 
 
So for the new year, I have begun 3 more of these journals, one for value sketches & compositional layouts, one for experiments using a variety of techniques for water media and another for notes from all the books I read and videos I watch.  There is so much information out there and so many fun things to try, that I will have no problem keeping busy during 2014. 
 

1 comment:

Miznye said...

You leave me breathless, Cindy. Who can possibly keep up with your energy and inspiration?! Keep up the stunning work, and thank you as always for sharing. I think I'm ready to fill a couple of my own field journals. It would be good practice, which I sorely need! karla