"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Monday, July 18, 2011

Digital Abstract Painting

Digital software makes creating art like this piece, so easy!  If I was actually painting this, it would take me days, but with digital software, it took me less than 2 hours and only because I was making it up as I went along.  I started following a tutorial, but quickly lost interest in that and decided to experiment with masking.  Something I am not very familiar with.  I loved the final effect.  The original image was downloaded from deviantart and generously shared by: clickypenpixiexstock. 
Over at Digitalwhisper there are lots of fabulous digital art challenges posted.  This is for Challenge #108
Over at DMStudio you will find monthly digital challenges plus more photography links to explore.  Come join us!

1 comment:

P. Street said...

Thanks - I used your image in a lesson about abstract art, depiction of water, movement in art. The kids (grade 6) will be interested that this was done on a computer...
P. Street , St. Kitts , West Indies