"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tribute to a Beautiful Woman!















One of the students who is taking our digital workshops, offered us the use of a vintage image of her Grandmother.  I wanted to pay tribute to this woman who has gone before us in a very respected way, so I used the image to create several layouts using an upcoming technique written by my co-instructor, Sherre Hulbert.  (There is a link to her blog in my sidebar. Look for:  Altered Heart Designs) 

This second layout used a commercial filter to alter the image, then I added a handwriting script brush along the right side.  I couldn't decide which one I liked the best, so here are both of them Marisa!  I hope you like the effects!  Your Grandmother has now been to Utah!  Where will her journey take her next?

If you would like to join us in these workshops, you can find more information at: Digital Montage Studio

2 comments:

Linda Gibbons said...

Both are lovely, and each has such a different feel. I may like the second one a tiny bit better--Im a real sucker for script--but only a little

Unknown said...

Cindy, thank you, you just made my day. What a wonderful piece of art. It will be a fantastic memory for many years from now. Like I said she just started traveling around the world.
Thank you, Marisa