"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Special Announcement

As some of you know, I recently announced that I will be taking a sabbatical for a few years to pursue some new and exciting artistic interests and we will have a new ownership over at the Latest Trends in Mixed Media yahoo group (link is in the sidebar).  Jennifer W. has stepped forward and is wasting no time in getting things organized.  She posted a fun new project today, called erosion bundles.  Some of you have heard of these, a lot of people are doing them and Jennifer shared a link with us: but my blog is not behaving itself today and I am unable to supply you with a link.  Google: erosion bundles and you'll probably be able to find some information.
This is what I've added to my bundle-some vintage lace-well, lots of vintage lace, some scraps of vintage ribbon, fabric trims, a ruler with a metal edge because I'm hoping it will rust, some old large white rick-rack that I found in Mobile, Alabama at a flea market many years ago.  A paper stencil, a white handkerchief and a little tiny knitted, doll mitten plus some other paper scraps.  I rolled all this up together and tied it with raffia-which again I am hoping will endure the outdoor elements for about 3 months (which will put us into winter!)  I wasn't quite sure where to place this since I also have a dog, so right now it's on the ledge in my screened in porch.  It will get plenty of elemental treatment there!

No comments: