"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Embossed Metal


We are having a fun and creative 3 day workshop at the Latest Trends yahoo group involving embossed metals. (Taught by Kim P.) This is the design I stamped onto my sheet of copper so that I can play around with these techniques. I'm thinking it would make a wonderful box shrine. Do you remember doing this as a kid in art class? It's still fun! Come and join us!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I have been following the class from afar as it were, it looks like alot of fun! I can't join in now, life is too busy, but I sure enjoy seeing all the pics.

daysease said...

So pretty, Cynthia!!! I love that! That could be all kinds of things, a wall hanging, a box cover, a scrap book cover or journal cover, etc...

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

Thank you! I wish this were slightly bigger so I could add some textured metal to the background and it doesn't quite fit the box I intended it for, so will need to find something else it will fit. You really should give this a try, when things settle down after the holidays. You will love it! The possiblities and the ease of doing this, will get you hooked!