"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Workshop Assignment

In our second lesson using the book Celebrate Your Creative Self by Mary Todd Beam, the use of white space was the challenge. I have to admit, I struggled with this challenge because I am a primitive folkart painter with no concept of dimension to speak of...I also do not feel comfortable using very wet paints, as I feel I have no control..which I proved to myself I was wrong! I am very pleased with the results and will continue adding more and more depth via shading...This drawing was originally intended for an art quilt but I never got around to actually making the quilt. I may have to reconsider the possiblities....
I should call this one "The Domino Effect" as I noticed the very top adobe looks as if it will fall over....LOL!

No comments: