"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Friday, August 31, 2007

Outside My Box



Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a realist in both my life and in my art. It is very difficult for me to be abstract, which to me seems chaotic and disorganized. Never the one to say "I can't do that!", I have started this daily booklet that I created from recent mono prints, cut to a larger Artist Technique Sample Card (ATSC) format of 4 1/2" X 3", the perfect size for journaling on! To inspire me, I have added a "Proverb" of sorts to each card and everyday, using the proverb as a guide, I will alter the card and journal my thoughts. It is a challenge that I hope others find intriguing enough to: "Give it a try!" It's purely for fun & entertainment, but along the way, I have hopes that this will have a positive effect and open other pathways of my mind.

3 comments:

Elis Cooke said...

Hi Cynthia
That is a great idea!! I have just started an art journal too (must be something about that back to school feeling lol)... and already in just a few weeks feel like I have made more progress creatively than in the last2 years! lol! Great blog! I have bookmarked it!namaste Elis.

Cat Stegall said...

I love this idea and may use it for some friends that need encouragement!

rscoach said...

Cynthia - great idea - thanks for sharing it with us! Reva