"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Inchie Charm Bracelet


Several months ago I participated in an inchie swap, and decided to use these wonderful mini pieces of art for a bracelet I could wear. It turned out better than I had hoped, and I want to thank everyone who joined this trade. I had artwork from: Emily P., Cecilia K., Diana M., Lea K., Susi U., Lucy L., Beth K., Belinda S., Angie H., (the hostess), Sharie M., Carmen Y., Katelyn T., and Gillian. I received many more than those posted here, but because they had rhinestone embellishments, I was unable to place them between the thin layers of glass. I will use the others for embellishments on another project. Wonderful artwork Ladies! Unfortunately I did manage to crack the glass of one these charms, however, it added some interest, so I left it alone. To get these 1" pieces of glass, I cut the glass microscope slides. If you decide to do this yourself, be very careful! This glass is super thin, and will break where you least expect it too. Wear leather gloves! If you do not have a glass grinder, invest in a glass grinding stone, and smooth the cut edges!

No comments: