"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Friday, February 23, 2007

Belle Armoire-Nov/Dec '06

This was my first published issue featuring my altered sweatshirt jackets. The red jacket was created using purchased fabric, and a decorative stitch on my embroidery machine. The second jacket, features hand-dyed fabrics from my stash. These simple jackets were great fun, and using a theme enabled me to tie everything together. The bottom jacket also has a hand-painted back panel of "Old Man Winter" (same as the quilt posted in the Jan archives) Michelle Flores did a marvelous job writing the article for this issue. Scroll down to view the next article.


1 comment:

Pat said...

Cindy, those jackets are scrumptious! Makes me want to get my machine out except it doesn't do fancy stitches! Both of them are truly works of art!
Pat