"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Commissioned Art Quilt

This quilt was a commissioned piece. Sorry it's long gone! It was quite a challenge as I wanted to keep adding something in the background, like white birch trees or something. The person who commissioned it, wanted only a dark background. I prevailed, and added the crescent moon which definitely finished the piece for me. It sets the place, and time for the quilt. This was my second quilt made using this technique. Each tiny piece, and some where tiny enough I needed to use tweezers!, was reversed onto fusible web, and bonded into place. The whole quilt was stitched and the feet were done free-motion with machine embroidery.

No comments: