"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Artist Trading Card Workshop-Bernie Berlin

Over the past few months, I've been creating atc's for trade with other artists. To add drama to my cards, I create unique backgrounds using various techniques. Bernie Berlin's new book on Artist Trading Cards is a rich source of inspiring techniques. A must have for any artists library. Since I like to experiment to achieve the looks I desire, I always have to add my spin on things. So, using Bernie's basic steps, but substituting the materials used, is a way to achieve your own look, and not a carbon copy of others. Instead of using water colors in some of her techniques, I chose to use bright, vibrant, bold Dyna Flo paints. Even when dry, these colors stay bold. The above ATC cards are just a few of the simple techniques you will find in her great book!

No comments: