"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits can become tedious." St. Thomas Aquinas

Sunday, January 21, 2007

2006 Hoffman Challenge Art Quilt

"Morning Dew" was my first 3-D art quilt. I knew I wanted to use the Green Man in this quilt, with some of my hand-dyed cotton fabrics. I also wanted dew drops that looked like real rain. I'm always challenging myself! I experimented with everything on the market until I was able to create little drops of rain. Next challenge: how to apply them to the quilt and get them to stay! I experimented with every available glue I could find until after weeks of experimenting, I hit the right combination! My quilt came alive! To finish this, I added hot fix crystals, that gave just enough glitz to look like the sun was shining on the dew drops. This quilt won the Honorable Mention Award in the mixed techniques category. I danced the jig for days!

No comments: